- Website Home
- Careers Home
- Big Firm Opportunities
- Small Firm Culture
4000 Triangle Lane, Suite 200
Export, PA 15632
|Type:||Regular Full Time|
Staff Geologist / Hydrogeologist
As a staff Geologist/Hydrogeologist for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you’ll conduct field activities related to environmental assessment projects and assist in report preparation. You’ll provide field and office support on environmental site characterization projects by performing the following duties:
• Applying knowledge of geochemistry and hydrogeology to characterize groundwater flow and quality and determine contaminant fate and transport.
• Preparing environmental data tables, drilling logs, maps, and reports, interprets research data, and recommends further study or action.
• Overseeing and documenting drilling of exploratory borings and installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
• Collecting or supervising collection of soil and groundwater samples for analysis of chemical composition
• Developing groundwater wells and conducting aquifer testing
Here's What You'll Need:
• B.S. in Geology (M.S. in Hydrogeology desired);
• 0-2 years’ professional experience;
• Detailed oriented;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
• Ability to speak effectively to clients or employees of organization;
• Ability to use Microsoft Word Processing and MS Excel spreadsheet software.;
• Ability to travel overnight and work extended hours as needed.
Here's What We'd Like To See:
• Drilling and groundwater sampling experience;
• OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations training.
Here's Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled