- Civil Engineering
- Air Quality Services
- Compliance Services
- Cultural Resource Management Services
- Hydrogeology and Groundwater Modeling
- Site Investigation and Remediation
- Site Selection/Due Diligence Services
- Waste Management
- Water Resources
- About CEC
The solid waste industry finds itself in transition from managers-of-waste to providers of resources and energy. Continuing to provide environmentally secure disposal, the solid waste industry now manages each ton of waste from a different vantage point; determining what is recyclable, what is recoverable, what is reusable, what can be processed and what can be used as a source of energy.
CEC provides a diverse scope of civil, geotechnical and industrial engineering, ecological and environmental consulting to all sectors of the solid waste management industry. With more than 20 years of waste industry experience, we offer a broad range of specific services including:
- Engineering Services
- Landfill design and permitting
- Landfill gas management system design and permitting
- Leachate management and treatment design and permitting
- Transfer station design and permitting
- Materials recovery facility design and permitting
- Geotechnical analysis and design
- Ecological Services
- Wetland delineation and mitigation design
- Section 401/404 permitting
- Threatened and endangered species evaluation
- Soil and vegetation studies and design
- Environmental Services
- Hydrogeologic evaluations
- Groundwater impact studies
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and database management
- Water quality degradation studies
- Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments
CEC's multi-disciplined approach to the solid waste industry has resulted in a wide range of projects. Specific CEC waste-related project experience includes:
CEC performs complete landfill siting, engineering design and permitting services including hydrogeologic evaluation, civil and geotechnical design components permit application and regulatory interface. Projects include gas assessment and design, construction quality assurance (CQA) and construction-management related services, and comprehensive leachate management and treatment services, including alternatives assessment and pretreatment/treatment system design.
Transfer Stations, Collection Facilities and Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs)
CEC's experience includes siting, design, permitting and construction for all types of solid waste transportation and recycling facilities. Services include traffic flow design and analysis and design coordination with equipment manufacturers, as well as site/civil, geotechnical and architectural design.
CEC's waste analysis services provide a basis for evaluating waste separation, recovery and processing alternatives. CEC also provides design services for a variety of waste processing technologies, including composting and anaerobic digestion. Our site/civil, geotechnical and architectural design services support these facilities.
CEC's services help solid waste management companies with their ongoing business needs. We provide transactional due diligence services, including environmental, financial and operational evaluations and assessments. CEC also performs operational audits and reviews for existing solid waste management facilities.
- Leachate Treatment Methods When Gas Wells Are Aggressively Pumped, Presented by Ivan A. Cooper, PE, BCEE, as WASTECON 2014.
- Why Landfills Will Lead the Way, co-authored by CEC Vice President Ron Mills. Published in MSW Management, June 2014 edition.
- Drilling boom means more waste - and more concerns featuring CEC's Eric Chiado. Published in Waste & Recycling News, June 14, 2013.