- Civil Engineering
- Air Quality Services
- Compliance Services
- Cultural Resource Management Services
- Hydrogeology and Groundwater Modeling
- Site Investigation and Remediation
- Site Selection/Due Diligence Services
- Waste Management
- Water Resources
- About CEC
CEC staff have over 20 years of experience assisting our clients in the power industry with CCP management strategies. Our experts produce cost effective solutions while adeptly managing risk.
As coal-fired power plants continue to produce large volumes of CCPs, including bottom ash, fly ash, slag, and FGD by-products, it remains important to develop solutions that balance environmental regulations with responsible actions.
Our team of senior professionals combines their significant experience and knowledge of numerous CCP disposal and beneficial reuse projects to develop industry-leading project teams. With offices located throughout the United States, CEC has an established knowledge base of disposal and beneficial reuse of CCPs.
We are able to address all aspects of management from disposal through reuse for the full spectrum of CCPs including fly ash, bottom ash, slag, FGD by-products, wood ash, and other regulated and reuse products including wallboard grade gypsum. Our technical staff are recognized as industry leaders for CCP management in the power generation sector. We have a diverse background in working with our utility clients in all aspects of environmental engineering, waste facility design, siting and permitting, water resource management, ecological permitting including wetlands delineation, and quality assurance.
Our CCP managment services include
- Disposal alternatives / feasibility and fatal flaw analysis
- Economic analysis
- CCP material characterization
- Hydrogeologic and geotechnical site investigations
- Groundwater modeling
- Human health risk evaluation
- Environmental permitting
- Ecological and cultural resource assessments and mitigation
- Surface water management, permitting, NPDES
- Landfill and CCP management facilities conceptual and detailed engineering and design
- Construction and operation support services
- CCP and FGD by-product beneficial reuse strategies, planning and design
- CCP structural fills and mine disposal strategies
- Public involvement / awareness issues/li>
- Facility siting studies
- Dams, impoundments and ash pond design and closures